Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are my chances of catching something from the nail salon?

Today when I was getting a fill at the nail salon - the guy drilled me and it bled. He sprayed it with alcohol and it is now bandaged, I know there are tons of things you can catch - but what are the chances that I really did get something? I am all freaked out now.What are my chances of catching something from the nail salon?
Not very high


The alchohol killed all bacteria on the puncture the bandage is keeping them out.


Also Nail solons Tattoo parlors, places that perform peircings


must sterilize there tools before each new clientWhat are my chances of catching something from the nail salon?
Well it depends how clean the salon is - did you see any disinfection carried out on the tools?





If the tools/drill are disinfected between clients, you should be fine. If not...well...you may pick up an infection. It's extremely rare though to catch things through cross contamination in a salon. You could always get yourself checked out at the doctors.





Drills are always a bit hit and miss, I know of well trained nail techs who use drills with no problems, but then there are nail techs who have no training at all, who just carve up nails without giving a damn.





Always go to a clean, reputable salon, if in doubt, ASK TO SEE THEIR CERTIFICATES.
What Caleb and Lillylol said is true.


You just have to be sure the salon you pick really lives up to the health codes.


It only takes one person, one time to pass something on to you.
Chances are quite high if the salon isn't clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment