Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I restore the moisture in my hands withought getting a parafin dip and the salon?

I ahve disgustingly dry hands that nothing seems to work on except a hot wax dip when I'm getting a manicure at the salon. What can I do at home thats easy and garaunteed?How can I restore the moisture in my hands withought getting a parafin dip and the salon?
The other posters have made some excellent suggestions. In addition to the prescription creams or ointments drink as much water as you can everyday. Often dehydration has a role to play in dry skin and hands.How can I restore the moisture in my hands withought getting a parafin dip and the salon?
Ask your dermatologist to prescribe you Lac-Hydrin (spelling not sure). It works well on cracked dry skin.
Use a lotion that contains glycerin. Make sure it does NOT contain any oils because this will cause 'rebound' dryness that is even worse. There is a brand called Corn Huskers that works really well.
I was told that it's good to put a thick cream on while your hands are still damp EVERY time after you wash your hands or shower. I have been using L'Occitane Hand Cream for almost a year now, and it's really great. It's a little more expensive, but you can feel the difference--seriously. I think you can find it online if there isn't a store near you.


Also, the gloves trick works well, and drinking lots of water--dryness is ultimately a sign of severe dehydration.
My daughter has eczema, we use Eucerin Cream(not the lotion) and it works great!
You can buy one of those parafin dip things from Walmart or a store in the mall for less than 40$. I have one and it works great.


A good lotion is the Oil of Olay Quench, works great. Just make sure you put lotion on before going to bed as well and ';if'; you can, sleep in gloves of some sort...if not, just lotion up well.
You buy your parafin dip machine. I have one. Target, Wal-Mart. Kohl's, etc. sells them.
put a ton of hand cream on before you go to bed, put some tight gloves on and sleep with them on
You should try Lotil cream or Ahava lotion. They are both sold at Caswell Massey. The lotil cream is good if your skin is dry and cracked, it acts as a filler in the dry cracked areas and then works as a moisturizer to help heal your skin. Ahava products contain minerals from the Dead Sea. It is recommended by doctors to xczema patients to heal the dry skin. Check it out on caswellmassey.com!
You should try suave lotion it makes your hands really soft or k and k warming sensations
silicone glove hand cream from avon works great, even after washing hands you can still feel it in your skin. very moisturizing
Get some Renew intensive skin therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment